Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Musings from a Pregnant Lady



Today, we are at week 22...  That means that Diana is currently the size of a spaghetti squash.  I have finally started to feel her move on a regular basis, but Brandon hasn't yet been able to.

For a quick update, per one of my last videos, I had been tasked with the wonderful job of... collecting my urine for 24 hours... and I HAD TO KEEP IT IN MY FRIDGE SO IT WOULD STAY COLD!!!!!!!!!



This is going on my list of "Things no one tells you about pregnancy"

I gave them 1750mL... which my doctor friends can tell me if that is enough, too much, or whatever.  Either way, everything came back normal, so I am not worried about it.  But talk about embarrassing!!

Today, I realized that at 22 weeks, that means we are almost done!  I mean, we still have about 18 weeks to full term, but still... according to our babylist.com we have 125 days until her due date.

125 days is approximately a little over 4 months!  Or 3000 hours!!  Now, while I am not freaking out as much as I was a couple of weeks ago - my anxiety has been REAL - we have the nursery almost completely painted, I am actually finishing up the edges tonight.  After the holidays are over, Brandon and our dads will be refinishing the floor.  Then the nursery will be 100% ready for all of her stuff.

I have about 2 pages worth of questions for the doctor, which I go see tomorrow.  Mainly about delivery and the benefits of certain medications and such... I never in a million years thought there would be this much to consider about growing a tiny human and THEN bringing them into the world!!

I haven't made a video in a couple weeks, because honestly I feel completely silly making videos.  Usually I feel like I am talking to myself... which is weird... and I feel ridiculous!! But seriously, most of the time the updates are because we have family all over the country - so it's easier to make video updates than lengthy text messages - or writing a blog here.

Nothing much else to update, which is also why I haven't made a video... I HAVE been going to the chiropractor - the same awesome doctor that hooked me up with sauna bed treatments and is now helping keep my hips in place.  My hips have decided that since everything is stretching out and getting ready to squeeze a human being out, they don't want to stay where they are designed to be - resulting in some serious pain in my hips and lower back.  After 2 adjustments, I can honestly say that I feel 100% better than I did before!  I can actually sleep without pain, which is real nice.  As we all know, sleep is a valuable thing, especially since the majority of you have warned me that I won't be getting any sleep for the next 20 years...

I got nothing else... CYA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment