Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Psalm 139:16


My desk calendar has scripture on it for each day, today's is as follows:

You say me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe - Psalm 139:16

When I read that this morning, it really struck me... He numbers our every step, He holds our every moment, and even knows the number of hairs on our head!

I have not enjoyed being pregnant - I have made no qualms about it.  I have been uncomfortable, I have felt sick, and my anxiety has been through the roof!  One thing I can certainly promise you though, is this.  I enjoy the miracle that I have been given.  I don't take this lightly. 

I know without a doubt that my life has always had purpose.  Either on the foreign mission field, or right here at home - growing our very own earth shaker!  We named her Diana, specifically because the name means Heavenly and Divine.  She is our gift from Heaven.  I know she is destined for GREAT things! 

He saw me before I was born... Before I took my first breath in a sinful world, He knew exactly who I was going to be and how I would turn out.  Even when I spent years running from Him, He knew exactly where I would turn back to Him. 

When it comes to being a mom... I have reservations.  Mainly because I am not sure I can handle the job.  However, I know I have a wonderful support system around me to make sure that if I stumble, I won't fall flat on my face.  I also know that mothering isn't perfect or easy for anyone.  There will be an adjustment period.  I will have to get used to being someone's life support.  I will have to get used to another human being in the house, when I am used to being alone. 

What I am VERY confident in is knowing that she is made for something more!  No matter what it is, she was made for it!  She may end up on the mission field, she may become a doctor or lawyer.  Shoot, she could become the worlds greatest auto mechanic!  Either way, she is destined for greatness!  She already has her very own fan club, who is almost beside themselves with anticipation to meet her! 

One thing I know beyond the shadow of doubt is that I will be her biggest fan, her biggest supporter, and will love her regardless.  I won't lie, I will be a little bummed if she doesn't share the passion for music that I have... But I already know that she is loved beyond measure.  She has a huge fan club waiting for her, and I am getting more and more excited to meet her every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment