Saturday, March 4, 2017

Back to Life... Back to Reality



It's been a minute or two hasn't it?!  Well, we hit "busy season" at work, so I have spent the last couple of weeks focusing on work.  It was rough, I may or may not have had a break down or two, BUT I survived.

Back to the gym on Monday, back to getting in my steps, back to eating the right things and drinking plenty of water!  Back on track to do things right for ME!

As I mentioned in a previous post, my life is all about fresh starts.  To keep myself from getting overwhelmed, I have to start each day fresh and brand new.  I have to remind myself that each day is a new opportunity to do things right.  A new chance to do things RIGHT, rather than feel like I have screwed everything up.

As most of you know, I am taking part in an experiment with Dr. Robin Ellsworth and trying out her new Infrared Sauna Bed. 

First Treatment - 01/06/2017
Weight -  272
Arm - 15 inches
Thigh - 26 inches
Waist - 51 inches

For 6 weeks, I spent 1 hour a week in the sauna bed.  What I noticed right away is how GREAT I felt!  It was like laying in a giant heating pad.  I didn't mind pushing hard in the gym, because I knew on Friday I was going in for a treatment.  My skin also felt softer, and started to clear up!  I also noticed I was sleeping better AND felt relaxed going in to my weekends.

Since I was zipped into a heating pad sleeping bag for 60 minutes, I was forced to lay still and quiet my mind.  It forced me to relax.  It forced me into a nap.  I say forced like my arm was twisted - it sure wasn't!  It was worth every minute!

Week 6 was my last week.  The plan is to take 6 weeks off to compare how I feel, and then go again for another 6 weeks.

Last Treatment - 02/10/2017
Weight - 263
Arm - 14.75 inches
Thigh - 25 inches
Waist - 49 inches

Three weeks into our 6 weeks off, and I can tell you... I miss my sauna bed treatments.  I am not sleeping as well, and I miss my Friday evening nap.  Truthfully, if the Infrared Sauna Bed did nothing else for me, it helped my stress levels. 

I can't wait for the next 3 weeks so I can start the treatments again. 

Thank you so much, Dr. Robin, for allowing me to take part in this experiment with you.  I certainly hope that the results are BETTER than you expect, and hope to see further results in 3 weeks.

If you are interested in more information on the Infrared Sauna Bed or the many other treatments offered by Ellsworth Chiropractic & Med Spa, give the office a call - 618-451-8830. 

Tell them the "Fat Kid" sent ya!

Here's to New Beginnings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment