Monday, June 28, 2010

Case of the Mondays

Just a quick update today… I.HATE.MONDAYS!

I got up and went to the gym this morning and had trouble waking up. I was walking on the tread and just when I would zone out; I would stagger and feel like I was falling off. This is why I don’t like treadmills. I don’t feel I have enough balance to just let go while I am on it. I feel like I am going to fall off, which I do not under any circumstances want to do.

Then!! I got home, pulled my car in the garage, and didn’t feel like I had the energy to get out and go in the house. I sat there feeling like I was dozing off for about 5 minutes. It could have been longer, I could have fallen asleep… who knows. I go in the house and went straight to the couch, which so is not normal for me. Usually, once I am up and the blood is pumping, I am awake. Might not be happy that I am awake, but I can at least function.

Lucy, my pup, jumped on the couch and tried to hand me her favorite toy, which I normally throw for her. Not this morning. I just looked at her, in all her panting puppy happiness and I just couldn’t help but wonder what it’s like to be her. She is so happy when I come through the door; even I go out long enough to take the trash out. It’s like she hasn’t seen me in years! If I go into the bathroom, she lays in the hallway waiting for me. She is always ready to play and is my little shadow.

Finally after her nudging my arm towards her toy, I threw it. A couple throws later, I pry myself off the couch and get in the shower. I got out of the house about 10 minutes later than usual; making me miss the 7:10 train for work.

I am still sleepy, but it’s starting to pass. I have food in my system now and am drinking water, so hopefully I will feel like my regular self soon.

Why so sleepy on Mondays??

No comments:

Post a Comment