Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Broken toes and bikes

Yesterday was a good day for a nap. Actually, I got up in the morning and went for a bike ride with my mom. We went about a mile again. I went home and decided to lie down on my bed, which wasn’t a smart thing to do, and woke up around 5. I got up and realized I had slept my last day of vacation completely away.


I had plans to take the 3 bags of books I have collected to a used bookstore in Edwardsville, but didn’t wake up in time. So, this morning, after returning from the gym, I decided it would be fun to kick said books with my baby toe. I am pretty sure it’s broken, and that makes me sad.

I went to the gym this morning and did a training circuit from Jillian’s Winning by Losing book. I felt really good when I got home. And then I kicked the books! By the time I got out of the shower, my toe was purple. I had to wear tennis shoes to work today, because I couldn’t get my foot in any other shoe… Not good times.

But, after work, if it’s still hurting, I am headed to my cousins to go swimming! Low impact and is still excursing. Wish I could bike there, but don’t think I could make it there and back without some serious pain. I know, I know… no pain, no gain.

I do have a bike question though… my left leg really hurts when I peddle my bike, and I don’t feel like I am getting good extension in either leg. But, if I raise my seat any higher, I feel like I can’t get on the seat… any thoughts? Maybe I just need to take my bike and get a pro fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment