Friday, March 25, 2016

New Beginnings

Hey there!

How are you??  It sure has been a while since I have graced the pages of the interwebs!

So... where are we?  Well, I have started over.  Which means, this blog is starting over.  Things have changed, including my weight.  I actually weigh more now than I did on my last post from 2010... BUT, that's ok!

Here is what I know for sure... I don't know anything!  I am far from an expert, I am not a doctor, and the only license I hold is a valid drivers license.  The opinions expressed in this blog, both in the past and in the future, are mine and mine alone.  I am not being paid by anyone to write what I write, or do what I do.

Should that change, you will be the first to know!

What have you been up to, Shanna?  Well, since my last post, I have met and married my wonderful husband and at the beginning of 2016, we joined a gym:

The Hit Squad

We are currently training in Muay Thai kickboxing, and I have taken some Judo classes.

My ultimate goal is to be able to hold my own in the octagon.  Notice, I did not say WIN, I am not even convinced I ever want to take a fight.  But how cool would it be to be presented with an opportunity AND be able to say YES?!

I can't promise you that this is going to be easy... in fact, I can almost promise you that this is going to be very very hard!  I am sure I will want to quit, but I won't.  Not this time!

But I will be real with you, no matter how hard the truth is.  I will be open, I will be honest, and I will do my very best to be the best I can be.

If I won't give up, you shouldn't give up!  You HAVE to start somewhere!  I walked into my first Judo class in February completely unable to do a somersault... yes, a head over heals somersault.  I was nervous, I was scared, and yes... I was completely embarrassed.  But my Sensei did not give up on me, and as of late I have completed 3 somersaults!

You have to start somewhere, and the best place to start is the beginning.

Here is to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment