Wednesday, March 30, 2016

People say “I’m going to sleep now,” as if it were nothing! – George Carlin



This rainy weather makes me want to sleep… I don’t sleep well at night.  I don’t think I ever have!  But the doctor tells me that sleep is important…

I have a hard time falling asleep… and when I DO fall asleep, I have a hard time staying that way.  I have a tendency to sleep walk – which is super fun waking up in random places all over the house.  And I have night terrors!  I see things standing over me, or coming into my bedroom.  Sometimes I will see things coming out of my ceiling, or even up from the floor! 

It’s really fun when my dream is so vivid, I think it’s real, that I start screaming and wakes my husband up from a dead sleep… That was super fun.  NOT!  What I saw was a zombie lying next to me in my bed, it snapped its eyes open, and started attacking (yes, we watch way too much Walking Dead!)  What do you do when you are attacked?  You fight back right?!  Well, in reality, my husband was lying next to me, sleeping and minding his own business.  Back to my dream… I started screaming and pushing said zombie away from me while it was pushing against my hands to take a big ol’ bite!!  My husband wakes to the terrified screams of his wife, and the first thing he thinks is that someone is in the house!  So he starts trying to roll over me to get between me and the alleged intruder.  Meanwhile, our dog is running around the room, because she has no idea what is happening! 

This is one of my favorite “Craziness while sleeping” stories.  And now, we get a good laugh when we talk about it.

But on a serious note, the suggested amount of sleep is 7-9 solid hours of sleep.  I average 5-7 each night.  I do sleep much better when my husband is home, but he works midnights during the week.  From what I read, and hear on different pod casts, sleep time is different for each person.  Some people can function on more sleep, some can function on less. 

When I do sleep, I sleep HARD!  To the point where my alarm clock has to be all the way up, or else I just won’t hear it.  Sometimes, when my husband comes home in the morning, he can hear my alarm when he is walking from the garage to the house!  And sometimes, he even has to come in and wake me up because I STILL haven’t heard the alarm go off.

On nights that I am wide awake and it’s almost bed time, I will take a melatonin to help usher me to sleep.  Sometimes it works in 30 minutes, sometimes it works in 2 hours, and the real kick in the head is when it doesn’t work… at all!

Please don’t misunderstand me… I LOVE sleep!  Once I am asleep, I could sleep for hours and hours!  I treasure my nap time too!  Sunday afternoon, we always take a nap; even if only for an hour.  Lucy likes her sleep too!  She is such a funny dog… she will sleep as long as we will let her!

So for those of you fortunate enough to nap on this rainy day… Enjoy!  Snore extra for me!


How long do you normally sleep each night?

No comments:

Post a Comment