Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Where you been?!?!


Well, THIS is where I have been!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to introduce:

DIANA MAR-JEN LONESS

We were scheduled for induction on 04/13, and received the call to come to the hospital at 5am.  We were already awake, cause Brandon had to work the night before and I was too excited to sleep.  I can't sleep on Christmas morning either... so, this was MUCH worse!

When we got to the hospital, we checked in at the Labor and Delivery Welcome Center, then we were taken up to our birthing suite!  This "room" was awesome!  It was huge!! We got settled in, and soon after our parents showed up. 

I was hooked up to the IV and monitoring by 9:30, and pitocin was started around 12:30.  By 3:30, my doctor wasn't pleased with my progress, so she broke my water... I thought my Braxton-Hicks contractions were tough... oh my!!  I lasted about 45 minutes before begging for the epidural - listen... there are no medals handed out for labor and delivery. 

Then things REALLY started progressing!!  Whatever is in an epidural, I apparently really enjoyed it!  High Shanna is FUN Shanna.  I was apparently making jokes and being silly!  I started to get nauseous at some point, and the nurse gave me something that actually put me to sleep... I slept until the nurse woke me up to push!  Yes - I slept through intense contractions that were coming every 30 seconds...

At 12:30am on 04-14-2018, I started pushing... at 1:07, Diana Mar-Jen came SCREAMING into the world!!  The nurse was helping me push, until she put my leg down and said stop.  She called my doctor, I will never forget it!  She called and said "Dr. Parker, we need you in here... NOW!" According to Brandon, Diana's head was almost out.  When the doctor came in, the nurse and the resident started putting my legs in the stirrups.  My right leg went up just fine, but when my left leg was raised, Diana popped right out!!  Brandon's sister caught it all on video for us - you can even see the doctor lunge at the bed to catch her.  It all happened so quickly!! 

Diana Mar-Jen Loness was born on 04/14/2018 at 1:07am.  Weighing in at 8pounds, 3ounces and 21 inches long!  She has been a force to be reckoned with ever since!

We spent the weekend in the hospital, and came home on Monday.  It has been a wild ride ever since.

Motherhood has been incredible, even though we are only 7 weeks in!  I love my daughter so much, and realize that I was created just for her, and she for me.  It has also opened my eyes to the kind of love and support I can give to women suffering with infertility due to PCOS or any other issue.  It has opened my eyes to the kind of platform I have on this blog!  I love being a mom and don't ever want to do anything else.  So, I guess this blog is going to change a little bit... From a weight loss journey (did I mention that I have lost 30 pounds since Diana was born?!?) to "First time mom hilarity" (because you KNOW that some of our stories are going to be great!!!) to maybe baby product reviews (diapers, gear, whatever!!)  So, looking for feedback... what would you like to see? Comment below, let me know!

I am SO in love!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment