Monday, September 10, 2018

Rock Star Moms


I came back to work in July... and let me tell you - IT WAS HARD!!  I had just spent the last 12 weeks being my babe's total life line!  I fed her - literally, as we are heading towards month 5 of exclusively breast feeding - I changed her, played with her, held her while she napped... I didn't want to leave any of that.

Unfortunately, society makes it extra difficult for a parent to stay home and raise their child.  So... until we win the lottery, we both work 40 hours a week.

My goal is to make it to 6 months of breast feeding, so that means I have to pump when I am not with her.  The thought of having to pump at work just stressed me out!  Between making sure I have all of my supplies with me, making sure I have lunch at work, making sure I get out of the house on time, AND get the baby to my mom's house was a LOT to carry in the morning.

After about a week of trying to get myself together and NOT feel like a pack mule, I have the following items here at work with me:

My breast pump - My insurance company paid for my pump and went through Aeroflow. They took care of everything!  I went with the Medela.

In my pump bag, I keep the following:

     +4 flanges so that I can use 1 set during the day and have the other set clean for the next day.

     +Some Quick Clean Wipes to use between sessions

     +Norwex Napkins that I use in place of paper towels - let's face it... pumping can get messy

At my desk, I keep the following:

     +1 box of Kiinde storage bags, and order more when I run low

     +Additional packages of wipes, and order more when I run low

     +Norwex Dish Detergent to wash my pump parts each day

     +Boon Drying Patch to let the pump parts dry over night

     +Bottle Brush

Thankfully, all of these items are stored, and locked, safely in my desk.  Plus, all of my supplies are here, so I don't have to try and remember anything else.

I also keep frozen lunches here in the office freezer, and a plethora of snacks - because let's face it, breast feeding makes me HUNGRY!! I even keep lactation cookies at my desk!  They don't help everyone, but they help me AND they taste good!  I wouldn't keep them if they didn't.

Hope this helps you Momma, as you prepare to return to work.  You got this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment