Monday, August 27, 2018

Dear Snuza...


When I was pregnant, I did a LOT of research... Anything that could possibly come up during pregnancy, delivery, after care, and raising of Diana I did as much reading as I could.  One of the things I was most nervous about was her sleeping and SIDS

If you searching "Baby Sleeping Monitor", Google will hook you up with PLENTY of options!  The ones I had actually heard about from other friends were the Owlet - which is like a little sock thing, The Angelcare Monitor - which would go under the mattress, and the Snuza - which clips to her diaper to monitor movement.

I read about all 3 of these options and watched youtube reviews as well.  Ultimately, we decided to go with the Snuza.  As the video above indicates, it clips on to her diaper and rests against her belly. 

Fast forward to bringing ole girl home... We started using it the very night we brought her home!  We came home on a Monday... and the monitor woke us up on Wednesday morning!!! Not because she wasn't breathing, but because I failed to latch her diaper correctly in the middle of the night... I felt extremely thankful that the monitor had sounded, but nothing was wrong.  I went back to bed thankful, but crying thinking about the parents who don't get the alarm or the alarm is too late.  Heart breaking.

Fast forward some more!!  We have had the occasional false alarm due to either the diaper being too lose or the monitor being moved when Diana moves around in her sleep - until this weekend... The alarm sounded, and I went running (her room is about 10 feet down the hall from ours - I don't have to run too far) When I got to her crib, she wasn't moving.  In the past, when it was a false alarm, I would get to her and she would be awake looking at me or starting to cry from the noise.  Not this time.  She wasn't reacting to the noise. At all! 

I picked her up and turned her over, which THEN she finally opened her eyes and smiled real big at me. Thank God!! 

She was, thankfully, perfectly fine.  She even nursed back to sleep, while I sat there in tears.  I can't tell you with confidence that this was a false alarm - but I CAN tell you that had we not had a Snuza, the outcome could have been drastically different. I truly believe that Snuza very well saved my daughters life this weekend.

We have the Snuza Hero and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone with a little at home, who wants to sleep peacefully knowing that this product WILL alert you!





***I was NOT paid by Snuza, and will NOT be receiving any type of compensation for my opinion or your purchase of any Snuza product.  My review reflects my own opinion and is not supported by Snuza in any way***

No comments:

Post a Comment