Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I can, can you?

Something that many people don’t know about me is that when I started college, I began as a music performance major; emphasis on vocal music. Kind of weird when you think about the fact that I ended up with a diploma in Business Administration and now work in the payroll/HR industry…

I have a love for music, I always have. According to my parents, I could sing before I could talk… This should explain the 1000’s of songs on my computer. I can’t remember how many days worth of music I have, but it’s plenty. And for all occasions too! I love all music, yes even opera. In fact, one of my courses in college was vocal operatic instruction. I learned how to hit a high C without my head exploding. It’s really simple once you have the technique down.

Why all this talk about music? Well, I made a play list on my iPod specifically for the gym; its mainly upbeat music. I didn’t have long to put a play list together, but from all of my music I have 166 songs on my play list. If I had to only choose one song to consider my absolute favorite, I would have to say (I) can can (you?) performed by Vanessa Mae. It’s awesome! And for some reason, when it comes on, I suddenly enjoy whatever it is I am doing when it starts.




I don't know if that would be a good thing or a bad thing that it gets me pumped up, but it really does!  The music starts and I forget that I am working out.  I forget that I am standing on an eliptical trainer, which by the way is actually really fun.

When I worked out before, I would plug my ear bugs into the tv on the machine and watch the tube, I never felt like I had a decent workout.  Now, I find the movement slightly distracting.  Almost makes me motion sick actually.  That's really crazy, huh?  I can't even read in the car anymore thanks to feeling sick.  That really made for a really boring 11 hour ride to Mississippi this summer...

What is your "get moving" music?  I would love to find other music to get moving to!

No comments:

Post a Comment