Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring is trying to spring...

Well, I sure can tell the weather is changing in this neck of the woods! It is FABULOUS! I spent the weekend grilling and catching up with friends. It was great! I can’t wait to do it again. I love my new gas grill!  It looks so pretty on my back deck.

I didn’t work out at all this weekend, because I still felt a little aggravated with the whole gym thing. Why did I feel aggravated? Well, things aren’t going as planned. I had hoped that I would have dropped some weight and would feel stronger, and honestly I haven’t and I don’t. The numbers have not budged. My clothes don’t fit any more lose today than they did the last time I went shopping a month ago. I was told to eat more protein, yeah that didn’t work out so well for me. I would make it through training sessions, but that was about it.

So, what are my plans? Well, I have been reading a book. Triathlon training: from start to finish line. It talks about nutrition and workout plans. It has levels from couch potato to skilled ironman! This is going to be my first week following what the book is saying. Tonight is either a rest night, or weight training night. So, without my trainer (story to follow) and without the stress of feeling like I am being stared at (I never was to begin with) I will be walking the treadmill for 2 miles and then lifting weights.

Why without my trainer? Well, I only originally paid for 4 sessions to begin with and I lack the funds to continue working with her. No worries though, I can ask questions any time and I plan to stick to what my tri books tell me, I should be fine. It seems to be all about listening to my body and pushing just a bit harder, all of which I can do!

I am going to stick as close to the South Beach Diet as I can, which I was already doing until I was told to eat more protein… And I have done fairly well with no fast food. I have had it like 3 times since January 1, and let me tell you… I am not missing anything. I thought it was going to be the best meal ever, and it really wasn’t. I had a salad from taco bell, and it tasted like they spilled bleach on it. To be sure it was only my taste buds refusing to enjoy a plate full of crap; I had my roomy try it. She spat it out in the trash, asking if I was trying to kill her. No, I promise I wasn’t. I just wanted to be sure it really tasted bad or if it was just me… It apparently really tasted bad.
Get out the bikes, dust them off, and air up the tires! Why? Because the weather is beautiful outside and its go time!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment