Wednesday, March 17, 2010

So, I worked out last night, and I worked out the night before. I actually feel great! I thought I would be hurting, but honestly it’s not that bad.

Tonight, my mom is making biscuits and gravy. She makes the best milk gravy. EVER! So, when she told me that’s what she was making for dinner, I asked what time dinner was. Seriously, her b&g is the absolute best! I told my roomy when I got home, her response was pretty close to mine. To make up for indulging in foods that I probably shouldn’t be, I am going to go for a run around mom’s neighborhood.

I looked it up on Google distance finder and from her house all the way around the neighborhood is a little over 1 mile. To make it interesting, I am going to take mom’s dog, Lizzie. Lizzie is a soft coated wheaten terrier. She looks like the dog from Fraggle Rock! But she is kind of rambunctious. She has been to Puppy College, and classes at PetsMart, but still has a little trouble here and there. She is taller than my Lucy, but Lucy outweighs her by about 10 pounds. Lucy is my baby. Don’t know what she is, but it doesn’t matter.

Lucy and I are going to “race” in the Humane Society of Missouri’s Fast and Furriest 1 mile run/walk. Lucy loves to go for walks, but doesn’t last too long. She walks around the block and gets close to home and then just sits down… and won’t budge. So, we have a lot to work on. She is the coolest dog ever! She found me, and it was a match made in puppy heaven for her. She obviously had been abused in her last home, which is so hard for me to understand. She is so sweet and incredibly smart, how could anyone ever hurt her?



See? This was taken the first night (after a day at the groomer to get her all cleaned up) at home with me.

Through my weight loss adventures, I have found that Lucy enjoys veggies! She also likes some fruits. She hasn’t quite figured out carrots if they aren’t cooked, but other than that, she loves them! When I cut up fresh veggies, her and my roomy’s girls (she has 2 minpins- daisy and piper) sit right at my feet. The minpins sometimes don’t like the veggies, but Lucy will eat just about anything… true story- she ate an entire pack of gum, wrappers and all. She doesn’t know this, but starting next week we are going to get training for the 1 mile. I would like for her to at least be able to walk it… without it hurting her.

I love the fact that the weather is changing now! I am planning a bike ride for this weekend :) hopefully to complete the entire loop around Edwardsville. Maybe one day, I will get the nerve to run the whole thing too! What a way to cross train. The trail is part of the Madison Country Trail way system. Basically, the county took out railway tracks that are no longer used and paved them. The loop cuts through SIUE, which is at the bottom of the bluff and goes all the way through downtown, which is on top of the bluff. It’s a nice climb, and would probably make for good training both on the bike and on foot.
Ah… well, I guess we will see if I wake up on Saturday morning with the drive and ambition to take it on.

Happy St. Patty’s Day! The closest thing to Christmas the Irish get!

No comments:

Post a Comment