Thursday, March 25, 2010

Last night was the third night in a row this week I have been at the gym. And each night I have been doing 2 miles on the elliptical and then spending about 10 or 15 minutes lifting. Last night I only did the elliptical, though. Usually I get on a machine that doesn’t have the arms, but last night I decided to try it out. I don’t think I am coordinated enough for that, and I don’t understand how it works your arms and maybe I am doing it wrong. But when I hang on with my hands, it feels like I slow myself down…

I ended up not using the arms much last night. But I love where the stationary handles are on those machines. I felt more balanced holding on there than on the other machines. Either way though, my hands are really hurting me today. Was I hanging on too tight? I try to remember to keep breathing, breathe deep, and keep a loose grip. My shoulders feel really tight if I grip too tight, and I am pretty sure that’s not how it’s supposed to work.

I am just hoping that my skin goes back to where it should be. My arms and legs, for the most part, have been particularly muscular. I carry all of my fat on my belly. I hate it. That’s why I always wear a compression shirt at the gym. It keeps not only my belly, but my girls in place while I am moving. I don’t want to get a black eye while I am working out, so I do my best to at least keep the girls in place. I can’t even do a full sit up. I doubt I do my cruncher properly, so how do I make this go away?

I had thought about trying some workout ball exercises, but I don’t know which ones to do. I have already read that a BOSU ball could help. I just wish working out was as fun as this.


 
Hopefully I will figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment