Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Power Spitting


This might be a little gross, but I have been told that everyone does it... so here it goes!

Last night at Judo, I may or may not have worked a little too hard.  I got there around my usual time, stretched out and got warm, and then we worked on mat work.  I felt a little funny, but not too bad.


Then we moved on to actual sparing.  I worked with my Sensei, and after a few "rounds" I felt even more funny.

And then we started our cardio.  It was at that moment, I knew... and my head was buried in the trash.  Once I got myself settled down, I joined my teammates for the circle of death.  I made it 1 complete set, and back in the trash my head went.

It took my nearly an hour to get my feet back under me.  I didn't pass out, but I felt pretty rough.

It kind of ruined the night, because we were supposed to go to the grocery store after practice... And I didn't get home until 8.  So, we went to get dinner, but I asked Brandon to drive.  I had to ask him to pull over, and I threw open the door before he was completely stopped...  I have never in my life had to pull off the road to power spit - which by the way... I will never call it puking again!  

Thankfully, I got the door open.  We would have both been sick if I hadn't.  We were literally right around the corner from home too.  That's what was so frustrating!!  I don't like to be watched, especially if I am getting sick.  But there I was, with my head hanging out of my car, on a major street in Granite...

Moral of the story:  Keep working!!  Don't quit just because you throw up.  Most people throw up and then give up!  It is just like sweat - Pain leaving the body!

Seriously... You are the judge of what your body is telling you, so you have to make the determination.  But I can't let you think that power spitting = quitting.  There is a difference between hurt and injured - or sick and hard work.  You are the ultimate judge, but don't sell yourself short.

Once we got home, I got some water in me and I started to feel a bit better.  I wasted half of my dinner, but I was afraid it would make a second appearance.  

Take care of you, but don't let something like this make you quit!  Keep going!  You are doing great!!

Update on planking... I am postponing this challenge and starting it officially on July 1.  My neck is still in rough shape, so no planking for me until it heals a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment