Friday, August 19, 2016

Last Day of 32



I can't help but laugh at that meme!  It is so funny!  Fat Amy is a pretty amazing character to begin with.



So, this weekend is going to be pretty awesome.  First of all, it's my birthday!  The big 33!! Maybe tomorrow I will post a reflection of the last 33 years... and then again, maybe not.  Better to leave the past in the past.

Also, this weekend is McGregor vs. Diaz 2!  Our house is a McGregor house... he is an amazing fighter, and he totally understands the business.



The dude is crazy!  I think as long as he stays on his feet, and out of reach from Diaz, he has a good chance.  But then again, Diaz may grab on and put him to sleep.  I truthfully have no idea how the fight is going to go.

Has anyone been keeping up with the Olympics?!  I LOVE the Olympics!  I typically watch swimming and gymnastics.  For the 2008 Beijing games, I had my tonsils out so I got to watch everything!  I think I may do that each year.  HA!

I am not sure why I enjoy it so much, maybe it's watching the entire world come together to showcase their sport.  Or maybe its the thought of seeing someone who has mastered their sport leave it all out on the mat/court/lane - whatever the case may be.

I heard that in order to master something, you have to spend 10,000 hours in practice.  There are only 8,760 hours in a year, and if you work 8 hours a day and sleep 8 hours a night, that leaves nearly 2900 hours.  Obviously that is a generous amount, because what about eating, family time, working longer hours, sleeping longer hours.  There are so many variables that go into practice time, but that is a LOT of hours.

So, how am I?  Well, I am alright.  My sleep schedule has been extremely off this week.  I have fallen asleep early 2 nights this week, and slept for quite a while.  Making going to bed at 10:30ish almost impossible!  My sleep fluctuates - I need hours upon hours, and then all of the sudden I can't sleep at all hardly.  It's hard because I spend most of my time feeling exhausted.

I just have to continue focusing on me, making better choices, and doing what is healthy for me!  Even if that means saying NO to things... So, here is to making 33 the best year yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment