Thursday, September 1, 2016

Oh... Hello September!


Want to know the best thing about September?? No... not pumpkin spice everything EVERYWHERE... The best thing about September is the crisp cool air that slaps you in the face when you walk out the door in the morning!


My favorite thing about September is the idea of bonfires, cool air, hoodies and shorts weather, and being able to breath without feeling like an elephant is standing on your chest!

I had a setback in the month of August... my weight is slowing starting to creep back up.  It's not more than where I started, so there is that.  It is creeping back up though.  It is entirely my fault!  No one else to blame but me, myself, and I.  

I have started going back to old habits... and you know what?  We are a habitual society.  I started watching a show called "My 600 Pound Life" I am sure you have seen it. For those of you who haven't, TLC found people weighing around 600 pounds and followed them for a year - during and after weight loss surgery. 

There are 2 kinds of people on this show:  The people who truly want a change in their lives, and the people who refuse to change.  Some are extremely successful, because they know that if they aren't they will die.

The ones who aren't so successful are the people who refuse to follow instructions, AND have families who enable their problem.  One ladies husband picked her up from the hospital and immediately went through a McDonald's drive thru... even asked her to hold his burger for him.  Um... what?!  She had the will power to not take a bite, or slap him in the head... 

When it's all said and done, I am solely responsible for my life, my habits, and my actions.  How many times do I have to start over?  I have an answer for that... EVERY DAY!

Every day is going to have to be treated like day 1.  I don't have a choice.  Every day, I have to wake up with beginners resolve!  Think about it... how do you feel on day 1?  This is how I am determined to feel every day!

Starting September right!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment