Tuesday, September 13, 2016

I am a Fighter! I Have More Rounds Left! I Have More Laughs to Share!


Ok, maybe I am a little lacking in training.  But you know what?  I am a fighter!

While I spent the evening watching football last night, and wallowing in my craptastic mood, a friend of mine messaged me.



I have known this friend since we were like 16 years old... and while we don't see each other on the regular, we still talk now and then.  We both have a deep mutual respect for each other, and we both seem to have the right words to say just when we need them! It's weird, but kind of cool that you can still have a connection with someone, even if you haven't been in the same room with each other for years!

"There is legendary good in you." is one of the messages she sent.  I don't want to break that unspoken confidentiality rule that I feel is in place when someone sends you a Private Message, but she sent me so many things, that I can't NOT share what she said.  "I see you."  "...you are powerful"

I hear similar things from my husband, but it's really nice to hear these things from someone on the outside... who doesn't live IN the situation with me.

I went to bed last night feeling broken, disappointed in myself, and really MAD at my diagnonsense...  And then I woke up this morning.  I woke up to more messages about the beautiful person I am, inside and out.  To messages of encouragement, and even messages of how awesome I was the first time I encountered a broken family (unknown to me the situation they were facing) who thought of me as a breath of fresh air.

I woke up this morning BELIEVING that "THIS IS MY SITUATION, BUT THIS IS NOT MY LIFE"  Because it isn't my life.  My life is full of being a wife who may not clean the house as much as necessary, but who loves her husband more than life itself.  My life is full of being an awesome daughter, who continually keeps her parents AND in-laws laughing and on their toes... They never know what I am going to come up with next.  My life is full of loving my family, both blood, married in, and friends who are more like family.

I am not this diagnosis.  I am NOT PCOS.  And while there is currently no cure (honestly, not even much research... disheartening considering it affects 1 in 10 American women... Time to change that!!)

I struggle daily, but while the struggle is real, the struggle is NOT my life.

Here is the video that my friend sent me.  She asked that I close my eyes (cause the action in the video is kind of weird...) and listen to the words that I NEEDED TO HEAR.

I have more rounds in me than I give myself credit for... maybe you should tally up how many rounds you have left too!


No comments:

Post a Comment