Sunday, January 15, 2017

Wow... A Week??

My gosh!!!  I can't believe that I haven't blogged since Tuesday!!  So much for blogging every couple of days...

So, the "Ice Storm of 2017" turned out to be a real downer... But, for safety, my office closed - which was greatly appreciated.  I didn't say it to my manager, but I was super worried about driving on Friday.  And then I received the glorious text that we were closed.  Since Brandon sleeps during the day, I snuggled back in for what I thought was going to be only a few hours.  I woke up at 4pm... oops.  I must have been tired.

However, I am thinking that it's time for me to add a Post Workout drink to my regimen.  After the Judo tournament, I literally slept all night, and all the next day.  I am thinking that my body doesn't quite know how to process hard work at the moment, except to sleep it off.  Maybe a Post Workout will help.

I have spent this weekend, "snowed in" to my house, and thought about the new week that starts tomorrow.  I always think to myself "a new week, a new change to get it right!" So, I think it's time to add weekly challenges to myself, and my fellow "Fat Kid Losers" (to be honest, I don't know what to you call you, dear readers and followers...  Maybe you all can suggest something, and then we can have a vote??!!)

Most of my friends either were a FitBit, or a step counter of some kind.  We are also tracking our food/calorie intake and even workouts.  If you google "how many steps should I take in a day?" just about every webpage that is found suggests 10,000.  That is 5 miles... I have to be honest, with a sit down job... the only way I would be able to make those steps is if I walked my entire lunch hour, and after I got home. 

SO...

I have a challenge, to at least get myself started on this. And I would like you, dear reader, to also take part!!  With creating the facebook group (message me if you want to join us!! It's private and closed, so everything posted and commented on is protected from people who are NOT in the group) I am finding that while not a single one of us are following the same eating plan, workout schedule, or even water intake... we are ALL in this together.  It truly takes a village.  When one person is down, everyone rally's!  It's great!

A while ago, I saw something on youtube called the "Bring Sally Up Challenge"


There are all kinds of these challenges!  Squats, Squats with barbells on your back, Pull ups... the possibilities are endless!! (sort of)

So, here is my challenge - Everyone strive for 5,000 steps each day!  That is HALF of what is recommended, but you need to start somewhere.

Each Monday, I am going to pose a challenge to all of you.  This is week 1 - 5000 steps EACH DAY.  Even on the weekends.

I know you can do it!  Tomorrow kicks it off, tomorrow is a new start, tomorrow is the first day of the new week to make it right!!

#MondayChallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment