Tuesday, January 5, 2010

food and more...

Food is my weakness.  All of it!  I am willing to try things once, and if I like them, I continue to eat them.  I love cookies, especially when my roommates mother makes THE sugar cookies!  These cookies are absolutely to die for... and I did not even attempt to restrain myself over Christmas.  I like pretty much anything, my problem is stopping.

I have no problems making dinner and then eating it all for myself.  I think it might be a family curse, no one in my family knows how to cook for anything less than an army.  And I have no problem eating enough for an army.  Most of my friends in high school ate as much as I did, so I never felt like I was over eating or pigging out when my friends weren't.  And my working out went as far as 7th hour PE and swing choir, which was no where near a Zumba class or training for a marathon.

I was never even force fed as a child or anything either.  My parents never once played the "you will finish every bite on your plate before you move" game that I hear other parents have done in the past.  If I ate, I ate.  If I didnt, then I could eat something when I got hungry.  There was always Mac-n-cheese in the pantry, Cokes in the fridge, and there was always McDonald's down the street.

Now, I have seen Supersize Me, and all it did for me was made me crave it even more.  Which is sad, the documentary is supposed to turn you off of that!  Or at least make you think about what you are eating.  I on the other hand, would stop the movie and run through the drive thru.

This does not make me a bad person; it does not make me less than human than the next person struggling with weight.  it just means that I have a bit more work to do.  It seems that my generation was raised on Happy Meals and sugar filled sodas.  This way of eating caused my gall bladder to fill with stones and have to be removed at the ripe old age of 25, which according to my surgeon is not normal.

I am no doctor, I do not have all the answers, but I know that I need to change.  I need to train myself to eat better.  Ronald the Clown is not going to magically change that Big Mac into something healthy anymore than Jillian Michaels is going to congratulate someone for being a quitter.  Hell, she doesn't seem to let up even if a person is throwing up...  Speaking of Jillian, I have her Wii game- Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009.  I may not be doing the exercises correctly, because the directions aren't quite clear, but I do feel like I have done some moving around.  But I will do a better review of it a bit later.

It's not going to be easy, and I am well aware of that.  In truth, it's going to be extremely hard, probably the hardest thing I will ever do in my life.  But I am going to make it, I have to!  I want to be able to run and not feel like my lungs are going to pop.

What do you want to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment