Saturday, January 2, 2010

Too cold to move

Well, I hate to disappoint on the first day, but I didn't do the run this morning.  Being in St. Louis, where the weather changes every 5 minutes, I figured it would be ok...  I woke up to my alarm at 6:30 a.m. and looked out the window.  The snow we had gotten last night was still there, but I could see the sidewalk so in my mind it had warmed up a little.  I was totoally and completely wrong!!  IT WAS 5 DEGREES OUTSIDE!!! As in 5 Degrees Farenheit!!  I looked at my dog, who was still laying in my bed, and decided she had the right idea.  She didn't even want to get up to go outside in that cold, why would I want to go run in that cold?!?!?!?!  So, I did what comes natural, I went back to bed.

I didn't get in any kind of work out, but I did however do my level best to eat right!  I made heart healthy waffles, on my new waffle iron that Santa brought me this year!  For lunch I had a pear, a green apple, and a slice of mozzarella, colby, and cheddar cheese.  I even shared a few bites with my roommate and our dogs.  Key note, dogs don't really know what to do with a bite of apple...  And for dinner, I was going to make lasagna, but seriously who waits for over an hour for dinner???  Exactly!  So, I made some whole wheat penne pasta noodles and some spaghetti sauce.  It was pretty good, and I even have some left over for tomorrow! 

Tomorrow, my plan is to get up at a decent hour and try to get in some exercising.  I have a few new things to try out, but will talk more about those later!!  Have a good night and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment