Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh Jillian...



Ok, I had heard about this DVD, but had never tried it.  I was at Walmart last night with my mom, and decided I would look at it and you know, casually check it out.  When I saw the price, I figured "what the heck?  Might as well give it a shot, and if I don't like it, I can bring it back"  I got home and decided I would watch it first to see what it was all about.  Not participate, but just take a look.  I was winded just sitting in my chair! 

So, tonight after work, I tried it.  I had my roommate get me a set of 3 pound hand weights (ya, you need those...) and when she got home with them, I started the DVD.

OH.MY.GOD!!!!!!  I got a workout alright!  This is tough.  Not so tough that its uncomfortable, but as I sit here writing this, I sure can feel that something was worked.  It was fun though.  You keep moving the whole time and do intervals of strength training, cardio, and ab work.  She does not let you rest, which is a good thing because you stay focused to finish!  What I did not realize was how heavy 3 pounds really is, until you are having to control that weight over your head.

I had considered starting the DVD and not use hand weights, but I am glad that I did.  It helps you use your muscles more to control the movement.  BUT!!  If you aren't used to doing the exercise, start with 3 pounds.  I almost made the mistake of getting 5 pound weights, yeah, not a good idea.  I liked the DVD, I urge you to try it if you want a workout that will leave you burning.

Now, my next task is to decide on which gym I want to join...  Any suggestions?  Why did you join where you joined?

I can feel the fat kid disappearing already!

No comments:

Post a Comment