Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Is this week over yet?

I know I know… it’s been a couple days since I have posted anything. And I won’t make any excuses; I just haven’t felt like it. But it doesn’t help when all I have been doing is watching my eating habits a bit closer, and worked out. Same boring stuff, so why write about it? But then I think someone may need to see that it’s the same stuff over and over some times.

Well, honestly, not much has happened since last Friday… I deep cleaned my bedroom and got rid of literally a car load of stuff. I moved into my house 2 years ago in May, and some of the stuff I got rid of hadn’t been moved or touched since the day I moved in.

I also went shopping and bought new curtains for my room (again 2 years, and not a curtain in my house, except the coffee ones in the kitchen…) and a really cool rug. But my favorite purchase of the whole weekend was 4 shirts that I bought at Macy’s. Not only where they all on sale, but… THEY WERE EACH A SIZE SMALLER THAN WHAT I NORMALLY BUY!!!!

Before I started this diet, I was wearing a size 22-24 shirt or 2XL. Well, I tried on each shirt in a 2XL and asked my roommate what she thought. She thought they were too big, so she went and found 1 of each in a 1XL. They looked pretty good on me. Not perfect, but still wearable without them looking too small. They fit and I was ecstatic! They were even easy on the bank, which was fantabulous! What I don’t understand is the different between XL and 1XL… is there really a difference? I mean, really?

In training news, I am sorry to say that I did not get a workout in Friday through Monday. Why? Well, Thursday night, I went to the gym and only worked out for about 30 minutes. I just wasn’t feeling it. I felt sluggish, and almost hurt everywhere, if that makes any sense. So I told my workout buddy that I wasn’t feeling well, went and got sushi, and went home. Friday, I cleaned until almost 1 in the morning, which was a workout in itself. Saturday, got up and took everything I was getting rid of to Goodwill then headed to the mall. The mall trip should be considered a workout, it was packed! Dodging people should be an Olympic sport! (They are starting up soon! Yeah!) And while we were there, I started to get a really bad headache. So bad, that it ruined my evening plans of catching up with my friends from Riley’s. Riley’s was my first venture into the coffee business, and they are very dear friends- even though we haven’t seen each other in years! Sunday will always be my rest day, no matter what. Usually on Sundays, I stay in my jammies. But since my headache was only getting worse, I had to push my grocery/Wal-mart trip back one day.

I used my list of good foods from my trainer, and made my grocery list before I went. And I even made sure to eat so I wasn’t hungry. I didn’t go too crazy, since I will be traveling for work next week. But I did make sure I stocked up for my roomy. I usually cook for us, since I have the limited diet.

Last night was my first actual training session with my trainer. I was doing well, in my mind… until we did leg lifts on the floor. I don’t know if I was pushing myself too hard or what, but when I sat up and got up, I felt a little dizzy. I thought it would go away, so I shook it off. My trainer asked me if I ate anything before I came in, which I did. I ate yogurt, which is the wrong thing… She put me on a treadmill and from there it’s a bit hazy… She asked me if I felt dizzy, I told her yes. She pulled me off and led me to a chair. I felt really nauseas and the next thing I knew, I was puking in the bathroom. I felt like such an idiot. I can’t believe it! And the funny thing is, my trainer was not screaming at me to push or anything, I was doing all the pushing and forcing… I just pushed too hard, I guess.

So, now with a protein bar in my bag, I am going back tonight. And this time, there will be no getting sick. I will push through. I will finish! Take that, FAT!

Gosh, this is getting long… sorry. The moral of the workout story is, make sure you eat; and eat plenty. Make sure you eat the right things when you are supposed to, and make sure that if you are planning to workout, eat something that will stick in your stomach!
Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. I too consider house cleaning a good cardio workout! In the summer it is lawn mowing...two hours of pushing the mower around and up and down hills! I enjoy mowing because it is such a wonderful workout for me!
    Re: Good for you food. I usually stick to the walls! Produce, meats, dairy and grains! Occasionally, I will venture into the cereal or pasta isle!
    Re: Workout. It is the same thing day after day but once you get addicted to it you can not stop! The results, how you feel, how you view yourself, are all worth it!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete