Friday, January 22, 2010

Working Out!

Ok, so I never in a million years thought I would hurt this bad after training and working out. I met with my trainer on Wednesday night, and she is totally awesome! I was afraid that I would feel awkward with being such a fat kid, but it really wasn’t that bad… I promise!


We talked about why I was there, my goals, and my eating habits. She hates the word diet almost as much as I do. We took my weight, and with my workout clothes on and my gym shoes (yes, I have a pair of shoes that are only worn at the gym) the number was 251. I figured the scale at home was off, but I am usually in less clothing when I weigh in at home… We took my measurements, which I was too embarrassed to see what numbers she wrote down. And she had me squeeze this little box thing and it scanned my insides to tell me my fat to muscle ratio and my BMI.

Now, I am no dummy. I know I carry a lot of fat on my body, but I could have cried when we looked at the number. To actually see that number, it was crushing. It was confirmation to me that my decision of losing weight and being healthy is the best I have ever made. But, damn that number was high. Since I am attempting to bare my soul to hopefully change a life or two, my body is… 43% fat. That’s far from good, like way far! But this number should encourage me to keep going, and it has. I don’t want to be 43% fat ever again.

So what did my trainer and I do? Well, she wanted to see how far I could do things, and I guess I never realized the things I could do, if provoked. She had me do pull ups, but they were modified. Rather than hang from a bar, my feet were still on the floor but I was leaning back at an angle. This kept me from using my legs to push me up, and I think I did 22 of them. I tried not to count, only because I knew that if the number was low, I would get discouraged. I did like 15 modified pushups, which I never figured was ever possible!! No sit ups though, but 16 crunchers. Then I had to do crunchers but push a bar with 5 pounds on each side up 6 inches, which was tough. I did lunges and squats, and those weren’t too bad. On top of that, I had been walking for at least 30 minutes using the weight loss program on the treadmill every night since Monday. Let me just say, my eating has been under control because my arms don’t even want to lift the fork to my mouth!

I.HURT.EVERYWHERE! And at the same time, I feel great! I didn’t know I could do all of those things. And now that I know what I can do, even if I can only do one more than last time it’s an improvement! I love improvements! I am making changes in my life by leaps and bounds! And Christy, if you are reading this, you rock my socks! Thanks for the motivation!!  I used muscles the other night I didn't even know I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment