Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesdays with the Fat Kid

Well, I did it! I joined Club Fitness. And I have used that membership! I have gone twice now. So far, I love it. The people are very nice, and there is no pressure. Each machine has its own TV, so I took my ear buds and walked while I watched Rachel Ray. Along with my membership, I also bought 4 sessions with a personal trainer. I have the option of purchasing more sessions, but this is going to get me started.


Tonight we are meeting for the first time, and I am kind of nervous. I mean, I know she is there to help me and make sure I reach my goal in a safe and healthy manner. But I am nervous that she is going to push like Jillian. And maybe nervous isn’t the right word. I need to be pushed, I need to be motivated, and if that’s what it takes to get my butt in gear, then that’s exactly what I need.

I went last night and walked for 30 minutes using the treadmills weight loss option. It started out with a warm up and 20 minutes in I was walking at an 8 incline! I felt great!! My legs felt like Jell-o when I was done, but that went away after about a minute.

I know that results won’t be seen over night, but I am seriously considering finding pants that are a size smaller this weekend. My jeans are too big for me. I have been attempting to change my eating habits since August, and I have been doing really well, so maybe it is results- I honestly don’t know. But I hate shopping! Although, I found my favorite pair of jeans at Goodwill, so maybe I will hop over there and take a look. I can’t wait to lose the weight, but I really don’t want to buy new clothes every time I lose a size. So, I guess Goodwill and Craigslist will become my shopping for now. It’s weird, I know, but would really want to buy a new wardrobe every couple of months? I didn’t think so.

I signed up to be a part of the Bloggerhood of the Traveling Not So Fat Pants, which is a really neat internet project, started by Ex Hot Girl. Basically, a pair of pants is given to a member and that member keeps them for 2 months. In those 2 months, that person has to work on fitting into the size! Like, if you are currently wearing a size 10, you would get a size 8 for motivation to get into them! It seems really neat. It’s cool how us fat kids are trying to lose our skinny kids and helping each other in the process.

I am planning to go through my closet this weekend and get rid of stuff that is too big, keep a few things that are too small (for added motivation) and get rid of the rest. In my quest to become a better me, I also need to make things better around me. My room is a disaster, and I need to get that fixed.  I also am going shopping for a new scale. Why? Well, the one in my room says one thing, the Wii Fit says another. Which one do I believe? If I believe the lower number, then one week it could be the Fit, the next it could be the scale in my room. I know, I should just use one, but it’s nice to see results…

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment