Monday, May 16, 2016

North/South 2016 Judo Tournament


This weekend was the 32nd Annual North/South Judo Tournament.  It was held in Belleville, and 2 Judoka from my gym were competing.  I was so excited that there was a tournament close by, so of course I went to show support.

Being brand new to the sport, and not knowing what to expect, I was super nervous about going.  I am so glad I did!  First, besides Sensei Jeremy, Sensei "Peeps", and Gabby's dad, no one else from our gym was there to show support.

You all already got to meet Rowdy Reagan, but Gabby Ward was also there to compete!  She is currently a yellow belt from The Hit Squad.

Due to the division being so small, they did have to fight each other, and they did great!







They both were very sportsman like, and while Reagan won the match, they still congratulated each other and exchanged handshakes and hugs!  It was great to see!


Here they got to share the podium!  I was, and still am, extremely proud to call them teammates!


Gabby brought home 2 medals - Gold and Silver!!  And all with an injured knee!  She spent the day with ice on her knee, but when it came time to "go to work" she put the pain out of her mind and did what she needed to do!

Here are some more pictures from Saturday:






While the South did not beat the North, there is always next year!!  Reagan did get to compete on the team:



It was a great competition, and our team of 2 did great!  It really inspired me to do whatever it takes to be able to compete next year.  

After I got home from the tournament, it was UFC 198 time!  It was a great card, and Cris Cyborg's UFC Debut.  We all knew it, she wiped the mat with her opponent in like 80 seconds!!  WAY TO GO CYBORG!!

Other than that, nothing is new in my journey.  I keep working hard, eating on my plan, and drinking my water.

How are YOU doing???



No comments:

Post a Comment