Thursday, May 12, 2016

Thoughts on a Thursday Night



Tonight was so much fun!  Judo was tonight. And amazing things happened tonight!!

Because I get there after the warm up, thanks to work and traffic in St. Louis, I have to do my own warm up.  Tonight, it was 3 laps around the mat.  Now, I just have to say... I am not a runner.  Never really have been.  Doubt I ever will be... but tonight, for the first time, I made it around the mat 3 times!  Without stopping!  And I didn't pop a lung!!!  MORE PROGRESS!

After I ran, it was time to learn.  Throw #4 - O Goshi (I believe) which is Hip Wheel.  Once I threw Sensei Jeremy a couple of times, he then threw me.  For the first time!  AND I LOVED IT!! I understand now why people "WEE!" threw the air!  It was so much fun!  I never thought that I would enjoy getting thrown.  But it was great!!

After being thrown a few times, we learned some choke techniques.  Then we worked on mat work.

With the 32nd North/South Judo Tournament coming up, Sensei had Reagan spar with us once she finished up coaching the littles.  Yes, even with me.  And after a little bit, I actually took her down!  Maybe she "let" me, maybe she didn't.  Only she will really know.  We both fell, tried to high five and MISSED terribly, and died laughing!  That's what I really enjoy about Judo.  It's fun, and so easy to start laughing!

What else can I say that I haven't already said?  Tonight was so much fun!  I never in a million years thought that I would be here:  Being thrown and enjoying it!  Running laps on the mat and not quitting!  Sparring and throwing a blue belt!

HUGE shout out to Sensei Jeremy for believing in me, especially when I very first started Judo, because I sure didn't.  I went into to class feeling very self conscience. uncoordinated, and unable to even tie my belt the proper way.  It's crazy to think how far I have come in such a short time.

Until tomorrow friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment