Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Rest and Support


Not going to lie...that 5k pretty much ruined my legs.  But that's ok.  With some TENS Unit therapy, and some rest, I will be as good as new tomorrow!  And right back to it!

Don't have much to say on the REST department, other than you KNOW when you need it.

So on to the Support!

I pretty much have the best support system a person could ask for.  When my husband sleeps during the day, I am part of a very small (there are only 3 of us) facebook group that chats most days.  About anything and everything, really... but we are seriously each others cheerleaders!  When one of us feels down, the other 2 are there to encourage!  

I am finding that support is also a very important component of getting healthy.  Some days, it isn't very easy.  In fact, most days, it's really hard.  Some days, it's easier to just give up and go back to what was easy!  But that's when it is desperately important to have a secure support system in place.  

We 3 walked through the 5k together, and we REFUSED to let each other quit!  They are incredibly important, and I wouldn't be as far as I am today without my support!

My advice for the day is to get a support system - Someone, or people, you trust who will be honest with you when you need it, raise you up when you feel low, 

No comments:

Post a Comment