Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Doctors, Med Updates, and Blood Works...


I went to the doctor on Friday, basically to check up on my PCOS and make sure nothing was going wrong... My weight is down, as we all know, but the doc wanted blood work.



She gave me the "what ifs" if anything was out of whack, and what she may consider doing if things seem to be getting better!  She had hoped with my weight coming down and continued training, that maybe we could do something different with my medication, but wanted to wait for the final blood work.

I was hoping to get it done Friday, but didn't get to the lab in time.  The doctor prepared me, she said that they may take anywhere between 3-7 tubes.  Yes, you read that right... 3-7 tubes of my blood!!  Now, that may not seem like much to some, but the last time they took 7 tubes, I slept for 2 days!!

Saturday morning, my mom took me since I never know how it's going to effect me.  And I am super glad she went.  They took my blood, and I didn't feel quite right after that.

Fast forward to yesterday, when I got the call from the doctor.  My levels are rising, and the doctor thinks that doubling my medication will help.  I sure hope so.

Here is what I am not looking forward too:  Upset tummy, cause the meds cause that.  More hairloss, because PCOS and the meds cause that.  And more horse pills, because my metformin is a large pill.

The doctor hopes that one these medications, it will help us get pregnant, which is the end goal here.  If baby loness is still not making an appearance by November, they are starting more medication.

Honesty time:  I never in my life thought I wanted to be a mom.  The thought never really did occur to me... until the doctor told me that it was going to be difficult.  Possibly impossible...  I guess you never know what you want until it is possibly taken away from you.

The new medications start tonight and tomorrow, I will keep everyone posted... I guess...

Do you want to hear about it?

I honestly didn't realize how many people actually read this, until I started getting messages about certain topics and stuff.  You all are a great encouragement to me!  Gives me just 1 more reason to keep going on days that I just don't feel like it.

Feel free to comment!  We all could use kind words.  I have even thought about starting a facebook group, instagram, and all sorts of different ways for people to get and stay connected.  Not just for my own encouragement, but for everyone!  We all need each other!

We need to lift each other up, especially when we are hurting or feeling discouraged on the inside.

We are in this together, even if I am the only one writing about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment