Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Foody Tuesday

I am really starting to understand my food addiction... Of all the things that a person could be addicted to...

But I don't think I have an addiction like what you might be thinking.  I am addicted to the sugar and the feeling of satisfied after eating the bad stuff.

So, here is where I am trying to go with this:  Last week, while on vacation, we ate like crap.  We stayed up late, slept in, and didn't eat all of the things that we should have.  We had plenty of the stuff we shouldn't have.  And we both felt it!  I started to feel bad again.  But here's the thing... I didn't want the good stuff, even though I knew it would make me feel better!

I wanted the junk!  And so now I am starting to process the "Why"  Why did I want the junk?  I am convinced its because my brain thought it tasted better.

However, yesterday for lunch, I had a salad:  leafy greens, tomatoes, onions, grilled chicken, and oil and vinegar for the dressing.  I was blown away at how great it tasted!  I couldn't get over how great it tasted!

Which got me thinking... What is put into the bad food to make us so addicted?  Is it sugar?  It is food additives?  Whatever it is, my brain craves it even though my body doesn't need it.

I am no scientist, but I have seen plenty of documentaries.  And I have to be honest, I almost don't know what to believe anymore!  Is raw milk better for you?  If so, why do states outlaw the buying and selling of raw milk?  Is the Government really swayed by the food industry?

Either way, I know the struggle is real... All I want is the bad stuff!  It's easier to get/make, it tastes good (or so my brain tells me), and I enjoy it.  But I know my body doesn't need it.

The struggle is REAL!!

What is your favorite cheat day indulgence?

No comments:

Post a Comment