Saturday, April 2, 2016

Unstructured Much??



Today is a beautiful day!  A little windy, but the sun is out!  We slept in a little bit today, to the tune of 10am, which means my entire time structure is completely off!  But, not to worry... I am still keeping with the same idea of the structure, just adjusting to the time.

For example, we ate breakfast (2 egg, no cheese omelet with fresh veggies and wheat toast!) around 11:30, which pushes my lunch back to about... NOW!  3:30 :)  Which is normally my snack time.

We are going to see Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice tonight at 7:30, which would be my snack time... The trick is going to be staying on plan at the theater.  It's all about choices!

The theater has these new-fangled machines that you get to serve yourself with basically whatever soda concoction your creative mind can come up with!  BUT, it also has water options.  We usually get the carbonated no calorie flavored water.  Not sure who it is by (since its a coke machine, let's assume Dasani... but I am not sure) At first, I was a little nervous to try it.  But now, it's my go to!  

Let's face it, movies are NOT movies without popcorn and soda.  So, what choices can we make to keep on track and still enjoy ourselves?

My solution?  A small popcorn, no butter or salt, and a medium water like I described earlier.  Is that THE best choice?  Some might say Nope.  But here is the thing... I have worked hard ALL WEEK, and I am passing up the candy, sugary soda, salt, and butter.  My breakfast is on plan, my lunch will be on plan (turkey on wheat with mustard and possibly a salad if I get to it!) And when we go out to dinner after, I will also eat on plan!  

I won't lie, the struggle is real on Saturdays... I am not at work, so my time isn't as structured.  Sometimes we sleep in, sometimes we get up early.  Sometimes we have things going on, and sometimes we don't.  

This week is going to be a little bit crazy... Since we are on Staycation, my structure is going to be thrown off!  BUT what I refuse to do is go off plan, just because of timing.  I can still eat the foods on my eating plan, and still in the structured timing: Breakfast, 3 hours then lunch, 3 hours then snack, gym, and dinner.  It just won't be at the same time!  I have a feeling we will be staying up later, so it will all work out.  I am a total night owl.

Coming up in some future posts, I have the privilege to sit down with "Rowdy" Reagan Johnson, who is going to be competing in the 2016 Junior Olympics in Judo.  She trains at The Hit Squad with us!  If you have any questions, please comment below or email me!  That way, we can talk about what you guys are interested in! 

I hope you are enjoying your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment