Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Excuses, excuses



I shouldn't use our being on vacation as an excuse, but we are on vacation so things are a little...um... not on target.

I haven't gone super overboard or anything, but Sunday is cheat day right?  Well, Monday by the time we left the gym we realized that nothing was open that was healthy and we hadn't set anything out to thaw... and so... I had taco bell.

I felt terrible about it after eating, and honestly I didn't feel that great anyway.  My stomach hurt, I felt heavy, and I just knew I didn't want anymore.  At least I feel like I have made progress.

Brandon and I were talking about reasons vs. excuses.  What do you consider a reason, and what do you consider an excuse?  While I don't think that being on vacation is a good reason to purposefully eat off plan and not do what is necessary, I do feel that its a relaxing time for me.  It's my vacation, I want to relax and not have to stress.  About anything.

So, is this an excuse? Is it a reason?  If it's a reason, is it a good one?  If it's an excuse, is it a bad one?

I feel horrible that my eating plan hasn't been on par.  I feel horrible that we haven't been to the gym every night while on vacation.  But what I absolutely do NOT feel horrible about is spending quality time with my husband.

Today, Wednesday, has been the only day on vacation that we haven't spent too much time together.  I had to go with my mom to her doctor appointment, and he chose to work on his car - which he is still doing.

What is a good reason to you?  What is a bad excuse?  Are you finding reasons not to get to work on yourself?  Are you letting excuses hold you back?

One thing I know for sure, I am not quitting.  I am not giving up... I am on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment