Friday, April 22, 2016

"Rowdy" Reagan Johnson


When I finally worked up the nerve to start taking Judo in February, I was introduced to Reagan Johnson.  (She is in the pink judogi)  In this picture, from left to right, is Sensei George Stanich, "Rowdy" Reagan Johnson, and Sensei Jeremy Johnson.  Jeremy is Reagan's dad, the Commentator for Shamrock FC, and Radio Host of That MMA Show

Reagan is only 15 years old!  She started training Judo at the age of 10, with her brother Mikey.  Her home gym is at The Hit Squad located in Granite City, IL.  And is currently a student at Triad High School in Troy, IL.

She has always been involved in sports, such as soccer and softball.  But she is now focusing on her MMA and Judo career.


2014 Tennessee State Championship - First Competition


  How did you get into Judo?
My little brother actually started a while before I did. I decided to go one day and watch and tried it out and instantly fell in love with the sport and have been with it ever since. 

Reagan and Mikey Johnson

  What is your biggest accomplishment?
I ranked 6th in the country in 2014-2015. 



  What would be your ultimate achievement?
Olympic gold medal 



  What is your biggest challenge, and how do you manage the challenge?
My biggest challenge would probably be [that] I can get very nervous about everything and I tend to worry about a lot. I manage this by just trying to relax and tell myself I can do anything that I can set my mind too. 


  Do you have a motto that you live by?
Train like you've never won a match in your life, and fight like you've never lost one. 


  Who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration would probably be Ronda Rousey. She's an amazing athlete and an extremely nice person. When I got to meet her she was happy to take pictures and sign autographs for anyone that asked. 



  What is your diet like?
Chicken... Lots of chicken and veggies. 



  What was the best advice you were ever given?
The same [as] the motto. Told to me by coach George, train like you've never won a match in your life, and fight like you've never lost. 



  What does it mean to YOU to be competing in the 2016 Junior Olympics?
Oh my God it's amazing, and it means I'm that one step closer to the Olympics in 2020



  What would you tell any aspiring athlete?

If you really want to be the best, be the first to show up to practice and the last to leave and give 110% every chance you get. 

2015 Junior Olympics

If you would like to contact "Rowdy" Reagan Johnson, she can be found here on her Facebook Page.

Thank you Reagan for letting all of us get to know you.  Good luck at the 2016 AAU Junion Olympic Games!

No comments:

Post a Comment