Saturday, April 30, 2016

Pre 5k Jitters



In a couple of hours, I will run the first 5k since the highway 64 run!  And needless to say, I am a little anxious... I am not a runner... I am hardly a walker!!

But with some friends on tow, we WILL finish!  And once we finish, I will be riding roller coasters the same distance, at Six Flags St. Louis!  It's going to be super duper fun!  My only worry is that I won't fit on the rides... I haven't been to Six Flags in about 5 years.  And I know I have put on some weight since then.

Tonight, we had a decent hail storm come through.  So far, I haven't noticed any damage, so I am not worried.  But we decided to pull my husband's car into the garage as far as we could.  We have a 2 car garage, but we have 3 cars.  My daily, his daily, and his race car - SRT4.  He is rebuilding the engine and other things that I don't quite understand or know how to explain, so it is up on jack stands.  

I pulled my car up as far as I could, and we pulled his daily in behind mine.  And then we stood there and watched as the back end got pelted with ice... No damage that we can tell.

Once the ice turned into rain, he jumped in his car to move it back to its normal spot - out front of our house.  My job was simple... walk back in the house.  (Our garage is not attached...)

When I opened the door to head back to the house, water and ice came rushing in.  I jumped out the door, slammed it behind me... and the next thing I knew... my feet were in the air!  And somehow, my mind went straight into Judo training!!  BREAK FALL!!  I tucked my chin, and slapped the concrete once I made contact.  I didn't hit my head, I am not hurt!  Which is good, because I WILL finish both 5ks tomorrow!

I took my melatonin about an hour ago, but I think I am too worked up.  Dreamland is not coming so easily.

So, I am going to at least make an attempt at sleeping, as 5:30am is going to get here too quick!

Enjoy your Sunday!  What are YOU doing to stay active??

No comments:

Post a Comment