Thursday, April 21, 2016

Migraine in Action



Dear God!  I would never EVER wish these things on anyone!  EVER!

I have had migraines off and on since high school.  At first, I thought it was me back, but I had regular adjustments with a chiropractor - I have 2 in my family, so that was my first choice of treatment.  Even with regular adjustments, I still had migraines.

Now, my migraines are different each time.  Sometimes I see flashes of light accompanied by blinding pain.  Sometimes I get nose bleeds, those don't happen very often but I still get them.  Sometimes I just throw up, have blinding pain, and go to bed with an ice bag - These are the most typical.

I thought it was my wisdom teeth, since they were coming in and eventually became infected. Had them removed, and still had headaches.

I have tried everything!  Different medications, supplements, vitamins... The only thing that seems to help when they come on is sleep.  Which really gets old, when I am constantly requesting PTO for migraines at work.

Since the beginning of 2016, the only time I have seemed to get a migraine is when the barometric pressure changes... Basically, when its about to rain, I know it!  

My nutritionist has taken dairy out of my diet, for now, and I have noticed that I haven't had as many migraines lately.  While I am not saying that my diet and exercise is the cure, but I can assure you it has helped!  

So here I sit, woken up by a migraine in the middle of the night to throw up, typing out a blog post waiting for the meds to kick in so I can sleep this off.  

How do you feel today???

No comments:

Post a Comment