Monday, April 18, 2016

Motivation Monday!!!



It certainly comes down to this:  HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?!

I met with my nutritionist on Friday, like I do, and she asked me a very simple question:  What are your 5 reasons for all of "this"? - "This" being getting my weight down, training MMA, that kind of "this"

My answers were simple, and in this order:

I WANT kids - and being told by my doctor that in order to have them, I must lose weight
I want to be able to care for, raise, and play with my kids properly - can't run and play with them if I am out of breath every few steps.
I want to be around for a long time, watch them grow up, and do grown up things - can't do that if my weight, and the other health problems that come with being heavy, take me out first (morbid, I know...)
I am tired of feeling like I "can't" - Can't what?  Well... can't hardly do anything!
I want to feel comfortable in my own skin - Enough said...

A youtuber that I follow said something like this "It's hard to feel comfortable in your own skin, when you actually feel like you are carrying a wet orangutan wrapped around you"  and I know that feeling to!

But today is a brand new day!  You don't have to feel that way anymore!

Today, rather than take the elevator to the next floor, take the stairs!  Park a little farther away from the store and walk those extra steps in.  I promise, it won't hurt too much.  Order more veggies on your subway sandwich and hold the cheese today.  That certainly doesn't hurt.

I know that my goal of being fight ready in 18 months (now 17) is kind of silly and maybe even out of reach, but it is still a realistic goal if I want it bad enough.  I don't want fame, I don't want fortune, I am not crazy enough to believe I will ever step into the cage with the likes of  Holly Holm or Ronda Rousey.

But I do expect to give my best.  Honest moment - I haven't been lately.  But like I said early, today is a brand new day!

Need more motivation??  Check out this really neat video about the Ironman Triathlon - Swim 2.4 miles, Bike 112 miles, and Run 26.2 miles - Totaling 140.6 miles.  Oh, did I mention there is a time limit?  If this doesn't motivate you, I am not sure what will!

Keep going!!  You got this!




No comments:

Post a Comment