Saturday, November 10, 2018

Day 10 - Head up!!


Head up, shoulders back, thoughts positive, heart set on the promises of God.


This one is hard... Why?  Because... well... life happens.  It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day and forget all the things that God promised.

Sometimes people forget that God never once promised that life would be easy - especially once you start living your life for Him.  It's never been all roses and dew drops!  In fact, it's been very VERY hard.

For example... it was laid on my heart to work in missions in some way shape or form.  Honestly, I thought that I had found my calling!!  And then it all fell to pieces around me.  While it was not for lack of trying or prayer, it just didn't work out.  I figured by now I would be working with the Sew Into Haiti project full time and would have more than 3 trips under my belt... but sadly, that is not in my path anymore - at least for the moment.

When things got hard, I took it personal.  Like God was dangling my calling in front of my face, and then yanked it away when I jumped in with both feet... that wasn't the case at all!  It wasn't His design that caused it all to break apart, but the choices of "man" and that's OK!

God promised He would fight for us, we need only be still - Exodus 14:14

He promises strength to the weak - Isaiah too many to list!! (I love the book of Isaiah - if you ever need motivation, turn there and just read!!)

What He never promised was that it would be easy, but He promised to never leave us or forsake us!! To me, that is a promise worth turning towards - even when I feel like Rambo up there... 

Do you have your heart set on God's promises?

No comments:

Post a Comment