Thursday, November 1, 2018

Thankful November


I am challenging myself this November... to try and blog on something I am thankful for every day.  Using my desk calendar as a helpful guide, I am going to do my best to list how the daily words apply to my life... Maybe you could leave a comment on how the daily words apply to yours?  Or just read along and let my daily entry make your heart smile.  It's entirely up to you!  I am just hoping to get people involved in discussion and turn negative daily thoughts into positive ones!!

day 1 - November 1, 2018:

Lord, with all my heart I thank you - Psalm 138:1

Last year, according to facebook, I was gratefully complaining!  I was posting about how I was eternally grateful for the opportunity to be pregnant, after years of trying and doctors telling me that it would never happen.  I was also complaining because I spent most of my pregnancy in pain and at the doctor's offices 4-5 times a week... 

I wouldn't trade any moment for the world, and if I had to go through it all again to get Diana here I would do it without question.

This year, these words mean just a tiny bit more to me!  I am eternally grateful that Diana got here fairly uneventfully, safely, and there are no residual issues with either of us.  Things could have gone so much worse than my just having gestation diabetes.  Especially with my diagnosis of PCOS and the various issues that come along with it.  

I am thankful for my husband who still maintains sanity in our household.  He takes care of Diana so wonderfully!  I love watching him with her.  He takes care of me when my anxiety makes life unbearable.  He takes care of himself when I am taking care of Diana and my forever long list of things to get done on given days.

I am thankful for our parents - for giving us the knowledge and support to handle parenthood with some sense of style and huge helping of grace.  When we don't know, they do!  When I panic about things, they remind me to laugh, take a deep breath, and that I am handling life beautifully!

I am thankful for my "village" (you should know who you all are!!) for loving Diana as their own.  Who never say "no" to a last minute "can you hang with her for a bit" Who are forever bringing her clothes, toys, or just time for baby hangs and hilarious pictures!  She is one loved little lady - I hope she never forgets that or takes it for granted.

Finally, I am thankful for my little girl.  She has taught me so much about myself in the last 6 months of her earth side life.  She taught me how much I can handle.  She taught me that I sure don't give myself enough credit - as a wife, mother, or woman in general.  She loves me unconditionally - even on hard days when my anxiety is too much.  Her little smile makes my world stop spinning out of control and I focus on the important things right in front of me.  I am learning new and beautiful things by watching her learn and grow (hey already in 12 months clothes... that won't last long!) And we still have a whole lifetime to go!

Today, I got to work FURIOUS about traffic and things that I watched people do (READING A BOOK WHILE DRIVING!!!!) Then I got to work and saw my desk calendar... and then I started thinking about this challenge to myself.

Lord, with all my heart I thank you. Psalm 138:1

What are you thanking the Lord for today?

#ThankfulNovember

No comments:

Post a Comment