Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Day 13 - Bless the Lord - Warning, part of my testimony is included here


The lovingkindness of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting - Psalm 103:17

This is another one that I had to go back and read the WHOLE text before being able to write anything... this Psalm is LOADED with song material!!

This is where "I will bless the Lord, oh my soul!  And all that is within me, bless His Holy name" comes from.  It's an old hymn and we sing it every once in a while at church.

This is also where the song we learned at church camp comes from "Bless the Lord thy God of Israel from everlasting (lasting) to everlasting (lasting)" My church camp friends should remember!!

The Psalm is pretty much referring to the fact that all things will eventually go away, but the Lord will remain forever!  What a promise!!

When I was running around like a wild woman, in my 20s, I was also running from God.  I would even go so far as to say that God didn't exist... Even though I was acting like a jerk and was very angry at the "Church", He still remained.  There were times when I would wake up, having no clue how I got home... He was still there!

The day I turned it all over to Him, I gave Him an ultimatum... I prayed for the first time in years and said audibly "if You are real, if You truly love me in spite of myself, then stop me!" I had every intention of taking my own life that day.  I had it all figured out of how I was going to do it, how I was going to do it, all I had to do was get out of my bed and take care of it.  I said this as I was heading to get the knife...

When I said these words, I felt physical arms wrap around me and I heard an audible voice say "Let not your heart be troubled" and I fell into a deep, restful sleep.  While the words I said and the words I heard have nothing to do with this scripture, Gods love was still with me!  Through all of the things I did and said, He never left.  

The lovingkindness of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting - Psalm 103:17

How has His love never failed you?

No comments:

Post a Comment