Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Day 7 - Fragile Things


The heart is a fragile thing, it can't be trusted to just anyone.  Thank goodness God isn't anyone.


My dad taught me a lot of things growing up.  Things that didn't make sense then, but now that I am a mom they totally apply!  Things that made sense then, and some I used and some I didn't.  One of the things that he always was reminding me was to "guard my heart".  When I was needing advice in high school, and running around like a wild woman in my twenties, his response was always "guard your heart"

This was one of those things that I sometimes did and sometimes didn't.

I would jump from relationship to relationship.  I would protect my own heart, but I had a bad habit of getting selfish and stop being fragile with someone else's heart.  The majority of my twenties was spent soaked in alcohol, I wasn't a nice person... I openly admit that.  Some of the situations I 

Now that I am a mom, if I can teach Diana anything it would be to guard her heart.  But also to be fragile with other's hearts as well.  People are tender, even when they act tough.  Matters of the heart are typically always fragile things.

I can only hope that my daughter will guard her heart as well.

How well do you guard your heart?  

No comments:

Post a Comment