Monday, November 19, 2018

Day 19 - Goodness


Remind each other of God's goodness and be thankful - Ephesians 5:4

First, let me apologize that yesterday's post was short AND late... I forgot to set the auto post for yesterday... 

Back on track today!!

I have a friend on facebook who is going through some serious stuff in life.  Who it is and what she is going through is not important.  What IS important is that I try to remind her that while she is fully entitled to feel her feelings, she should also count her blessings.  I don't remind her to count her blessings to discount her negative feelings, but more to help her get through the negative thoughts.

I have been battling depression and anxiety for a while... things have only escalated since Diana's arrival.  When my mind starts to spiral out of control, I try to start counting things I am thankful for.  It helps my brain stop focusing on the bad - because let's be real here... life is FULL of bad things or times or feelings.  It helps my brain refocus on the good things and slows the spiral to a stop.

This scripture encourages us to do that for each other.  Encourage each other to remember the good things while dealing with the bad things.  Sometimes it is much harder than anyone might believe, but God is with us through it all.

Who have you encouraged today??

No comments:

Post a Comment